Partner

 

Externer Link: Logo Theater Grüne Zitadelle klein
Externer Link: Logo Ratswaage Hotel
Externer Link: Logo MVGM klein
Externer Link: Logo Katharinenturm
Externer Link: Logo Festung Mark klein
Externer Link: Logo IC Hotel
Externer Link: Logo IGZ Schönebeck klein
Externer Link: Logo Plaza Hotel klein
Externer Link: Logo Sichtbar klein
Externer Link: Logo Villa Böckelmann klein

Externer Link: Logo Gastro Concept klein
Externer Link: Logo Hotel Stadtfeld klein
Externer Link: Logo Screen Rent

Externer Link: Logo Elbwerk klein

Externer Link: Logo artHotel
Externer Link: https://www.maritim.de/de/hotels/deutschland/hotel-magdeburg/uebersicht
Externer Link: Logo päx food klein
Externer Link: Logo Uniklinik MD klein
Externer Link: Logo Uni MD klein
Externer Link: Logo Hochschule MD-SDL   

Logo ÖSA 2




Banner TIM für md-kongress.de
Externer Link: Banner Ottostadt für md-kongress.de

 

Main Post Office

  

Main Post Office

The main post office on Breiter Weg was erected between 1895 and 1899. In order to proceed with the extension of the building, the German Reichspost acquired the neighbouring premises on which the German Reformed church and one of Magdeburg's most beautiful residential buildings, the Rochsche House, stood.
Gradually these magnificent buildings were torn down and in particular in the case of the Rochsche House the citizens of Magdeburg voiced their clear opposition to this development. To accommodate the public's concern, the gable and bay of the house were copied and built into the western side of the main post building.
The facade of the main post office was erected in late Dutch Gothic style whereas the western front embraces German Renaissance style.
A memorial plate at the post building reminds us of the fact that Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, military advisor to Washington and one of the American Revolution's most celebrated military heroes, was baptised in the German Reformed Church in 1730.
The beautifully crafted facade of the main post office underwent extensive restoration work in the summer of 1990.